Meeting notes HACC 36c3 meeting Day 2
@ Boredome Dome, Komona
Table of Contents
*** KICKOFF + META
* introduction by David@totalism.org
- * meetings @35c3 & pads&wiki that were set up since then
- * different active groups
- * c3sus
- * CSV - data representation (Raphael)
- * local groups
- * Siegen
- * Munich
- * microgrid (solar, island systems)
- * c3ride (ride sharing group)
- * c3sus
- * introduction to pads
- * https://pad.land/hacc - overview page
* a bit of history
* HACC at 35c3
* establish possibilities of scenarios / coreograraphies for this meeting ... a "META-AGENDA"
ENTRY POINT TO HACC :
LINKS TO OTHER ENTRY POINTS
A) try to talk about how to continue the work from previous year == A LOT OF ALREADY WRITTEN PADS, KIND OF FORMED CONCEPTS FOR WORKGROUPS, ETC
B) just talk randomly about climate change
C) self-presentation round
D) possible topics
* how to deal with surveillance capitalism? (moep)
PRESENT THE WORKGROUPS
* present existing workgroups (WGs)
- * CSV - representation, collaboration
- * Climate Neutral Pitch to CCC
- * General Climate Change
- * Hacking Ecology
* THE LOCAL GROUPS:
("meeting every 2 weeks since May", 3-4 people active, good connection to fff)
* ((( >seth should know, and report! :) )))
*** PERSONAL PRESENTATIONS
* PROJECT: "sensor.community" citizen science / open data project (Lukas@Sensor.community)
See : https://sensor.community
- * > 10000 sensors installed in 71 countries
- * Dutch ministry is integrating data into their systems
- * former name of project: luftdaten.info
- -> We have a session today 28.12.2019 at 19:00 in lecture room M2 -> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2019/wiki/index.php/Session:Sensor.Community_-_Platform_for_Environmental_Data
* PROJECT: libre.solar -> open source hardware solarcharger
- * session tomorrow, TBA
- * assembly at komona
- * interested in micro grids/ event grid topics
- * contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* PROJECT: Scientist for Future (Bernhard)
- * regional groups, committees in place
- * issues with communication (workflow)
* (moep) TOPIC: surveillance capitalism:
wonders if there is an institution against surveillance capitalism, specifically:
* climate topics
* social rights / equality topics
* merlin.schaefei ### potsdam : ecological scientists group:
tried to form a group
field ecologists & experimental ecologists
70 people "who would like to do something", but "who to attach to"? ...
meeting every monday for 9 months
collaborated with local conservation agencies
focus with agriculture / farming issues: try to convince
1) European citizen science association - ECSA - can be invited by Lukas@sensor.community -> #CAD2020 is the annual AirQuality campaign
2) In 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the EarthChallenge organized by Wilson Center in Washington and EPA. -> https://www.earthday.org/
3) Sensor.Community works with JRC and OGC "about interoperability and data standards" -> Lukas@sensor.community
* Thomas (Twitter @thomasbarkercom) : blockchain-related work on sustainable finance & carbon markets
looking to find similar stuff, esp open source software.
* Erik@orbitlabs.de OFFERS full-stack software dev / infrastructure support
they do software for clients:
want to invest time to find project
* ### email@example.com from Uni of Arts & Design:
wants to bring climate questions to art & design
universities share this problem
BUILT: starter kit to bring them away from google, etc
* franzi ### is worried about the crisis & tries to figure out what to do:
* active with XR in Mainz, Germany
* works as software dev
* wants to find a way where your work helps
* offer: wants to contribute
* telegram @thinktalkfeeldo
<<<D : check 🔗non-shitty
* berndt started a hacker eco-village:
looking for architects for this topic, sustainable architecture
* peter is like franzi :) :
tried signing up, but somehow got stuck in the process...
Work in deployment of private clouds, Openstack, Kubernetes, as well as Software engineering.
Skills include networking, coding, system-administration, and others.
OFFER: wants to help!
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can hangout on irc, or other.
Other contacts, just ask.
* david in 2011 a hackbase in canary islands:
minimze money -> maximize time
for whoever wants that
== a hacker way to try to live and do whatever needs to be done
OPEN IN JAN+FEB+MAR
* manuel ###:
INVITE: on SUNDAY @ 1900 at Wikipaka
a hackathon on 36c3 ... 3 projects
1) alarm clock against CC
2) drones helping farmers not kill deer
3) visu tool to show relations between CC, mass extinction and capitalism
wants to recruit more people
XR wants coders & sysadmins! if you want to do work!
(d) NEW WG: "Hacker wants to contribute":
positioning people with projects.
(franzi) mentions Developers for Future:
talk about HACC <> DfF
digital disobedience question ?
lucas: "only thing missing [in climate action] are people"
"projects, data, and even money is everywhere and abundant !"
should we have another session?
* YES: because new people will come and we can tend to them, write down the perspectives, questions, mails, etc
* YES, BUT:
* what would we do there:
A) do workgroups:
for this we need better INFO materials for WGs
we have "the ONLINE WORK PROBLEM"
= "but problem needs to be solved is WORKING ONLINE":
A) Don't do it - just be an IRL "forum" and pointer to other IRL and Online stuff
B) Have persistent discussions:
B1) have discourse
B2) == A == FInd other existing forums, do not star a new one?
* andy wants a short discussion about "workflow" (tools & processes
* ANNOUNCEMNT: "Tomorrow there's a hack event"
--> There is many things happening, check about:future "Fahrplan" - where they make an overview of climate change related events!
* ANNOUNCEMNT: There will be more HACC here, and at other events!
David proposes to call this "HACC FORUM" and just yeah, catalyze new & old HACC forumers to chit chat about their projects, aspirations, and even problems.
*** POST-META AGAIN
template: "HACC forum"
every HACC-supported event should have one! ideally on Day 2!
* discuss "meta agenda"
* establish a hybrid agenda
* hold PRESENTATION ROUND:
* TAKE CONTACTS FROM ALL
* ADD TO MAILING LIST
* wiki mentions "Find more people for project60":
what was this? :)
is the person present?
ok - we could consider project59!
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.