HACC 36c3 meeting Day 2
@ Boredome Dome, Komona
Table of Contents
*** KICKOFF + META
* introduction by David@totalism.org
- * meetings @35c3 & pads&wiki that were set up since then
- * different active groups
- * c3sus
- * CSV - data representation (Raphael)
- * local groups
- * Siegen
- * Munich
- * microgrid (solar, island systems)
- * c3ride (ride sharing group)
- * introduction to pads
- * https://pad.land/hacc - overview page
* a bit of history
* HACC at 35c3
* establish possibilities of scenarios / choreograraphies for this meeting ... a "META-AGENDA"
ENTRY POINT TO HACC :
LINKS TO OTHER ENTRY POINTS
A) try to talk about how to continue the work from previous year == A LOT OF ALREADY WRITTEN PADS, KIND OF FORMED CONCEPTS FOR WORKGROUPS, ETC
B) just talk randomly about climate change
C) self-presentation round
D) possible topics
* how to deal with surveillance capitalism? (moep)
*** PRESENT THE WORKGROUPS
present existing workgroups (WGs)
* CSV - representation, collaboration
* Climate Neutral Pitch to CCC (c3sus)
* General Climate Change
* Hacking Ecology
*** THE LOCAL GROUPS
("meeting every 2 weeks since May", 3-4 people active, good connection to fff)
((( >seth should know, and report! :) )))
*** PERSONAL PRESENTATIONS
* PROJECT: "sensor.community" citizen science / open data project (Lukas@Sensor.community)
See : https://sensor.community
- * > 10000 sensors installed in 71 countries
- * Dutch ministry is integrating data into their systems
- * former name of project: luftdaten.info
- -> We have a session today 28.12.2019 at 19:00 in lecture room M2 -> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2019/wiki/index.php/Session:Sensor.Community_-_Platform_for_Environmental_Data
* PROJECT: libre.solar -> open source hardware solarcharger
- * session tomorrow, TBA
- * assembly at komona
- * interested in micro grids/ event grid topics
- * contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* PROJECT: Scientist for Future (Bernhard)
- * regional groups, committees in place
- * issues with communication (workflow)
* (moep) TOPIC: surveillance capitalism:
wonders if there is an institution against surveillance capitalism, specifically:
* climate topics
* social rights / equality topics
* merlin.schaefei ### potsdam : ecological scientists group:
tried to form a group
field ecologists & experimental ecologists
70 people "who would like to do something", but "who to attach to"? ...
meeting every monday for 9 months
collaborated with local conservation agencies
focus with agriculture / farming issues: try to convince
1) European citizen science association - ECSA - can be invited by Lukas@sensor.community -> #CAD2020 is the annual AirQuality campaign
2) In 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the EarthChallenge organized by Wilson Center in Washington and EPA. -> https://www.earthday.org/
3) Sensor.Community works with JRC and OGC "about interoperability and data standards" -> Lukas@sensor.community
* Thomas (Twitter @thomasbarkercom) : blockchain-related work on sustainable finance & carbon markets
looking to find similar stuff, esp open source software.
* Erik@orbitlabs.de OFFERS full-stack software dev / infrastructure support
they do software for clients:
want to invest time to find project
* ### email@example.com from Uni of Arts & Design:
wants to bring climate questions to art & design
universities share this problem
BUILT: starter kit to bring them away from google, etc
* franzi ### is worried about the crisis & tries to figure out what to do:
* active with XR in Mainz, Germany
* works as software dev
* wants to find a way where your work helps
* offer: wants to contribute
* telegram @thinktalkfeeldo
<<<D : check 🔗non-shitty
* berndt started a hacker eco-village:
looking for architects for this topic, sustainable architecture
* peter is like franzi :)
tried signing up, but somehow got stuck in the process...
Work in deployment of private clouds, Openstack, Kubernetes, as well as Software engineering.
Skills include networking, coding, system-administration, and others.
OFFER: wants to help!
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can hangout on irc, or other.
Other contacts, just ask.
* email@example.com : CHT is since 2011 a hackbase in Canary Islands
minimze money -> maximize time
for whoever wants that
== a hacker way to try to live and do whatever needs to be done
OPEN IN JAN+FEB+MAR
* manuel ###:
INVITE: on SUNDAY @ 1900 at Wikipaka
a hackathon on 36c3 ... 3 projects
1) alarm clock against CC
2) drones helping farmers not kill deer
3) visu tool to show relations between CC, mass extinction and capitalism
wants to recruit more people
* andy ###
XR wants coders & sysadmins! if you want to do work!
(d) NEW WG: "Hacker wants to contribute":
positioning people with projects.
(franzi) mentions Developers for Future:
talk about HACC <> DfF
digital disobedience question ?
lucas: "only thing missing [in climate action] are people"
"projects, data, and even money is everywhere and abundant !"
should we have another session?
* YES: because new people will come and we can tend to them, write down the perspectives, questions, mails, etc
* YES, BUT:
* what would we do there:
A) do workgroups:
for this we need better INFO materials for WGs
we have "the ONLINE WORK PROBLEM"
= "but problem needs to be solved is WORKING ONLINE":
A) Don't do it - just be an IRL "forum" and pointer to other IRL and Online stuff
B) Have persistent discussions:
B1) have discourse
B2) == A == FInd other existing forums, do not star a new one?
* andy wants a short discussion about "workflow" (tools & processes
* ANNOUNCEMENT: "Tomorrow there's a hack event"
--> There is many things happening, check about:future "Fahrplan" - where they make an overview of climate change related events!
* ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be more HACC here, and at other events!
David proposes to call this "HACC FORUM" and just yeah, catalyze new & old HACC forumers to chit chat about their projects, aspirations, and even problems.
*** POST-META AGAIN
template: "HACC forum"
every HACC-supported event should have one! ideally on Day 2!
* discuss "meta agenda"
* establish a hybrid agenda
* hold PRESENTATION ROUND:
* TAKE CONTACTS FROM ALL
* ADD TO MAILING LIST
* wiki mentions "Find more people for project60":
what was this? :)
is the person present?
ok - we could consider project59!
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00). Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.