hello from 36c3
existing tools (where this will be merged to): https://totalism.org/hacker-tools
if you like to stay in touch and help org the next session, send mail to:
1) a round about "3 favourite tools"
2) "what's something that you don't know how to do?"
merge into main doc !
Table of Contents
"dash" for plitting "also awesome"
"not much documentation / tutorials about it" :)
you can do interactive diagrams
larcttwy (!?) - > alacritty
very scriptable and very lightweight
make a collaborative graph
* use https://e2h.totalism.org/ :
https://e2h.totalism.org/ (make graphs in etherpads, support simplified graphviz syntax)
more mindmapping ...
* https://github.com/void-rs/void :
make your own radio
* shoutcast radio
mobile app ecosystem (distribution / provisioning)
"create a custom google account and just get an apk"
"a proxy to get google-store only s***"
* https://opengapps.org/ :
* lineage ("the useful one"):
supports most hardware...
phone for 150€:
* replicant ("the actual free one" ... but "not really useful ... yet")
basic mobile apps
* k-9 mail ... mail client
* blue mail
* aegs - replaces google auth
*AntennaPod - > listen to Podcasts
* gdroid ..."but has a separate way of accessing repos":
is a nicer UI
* "just check fdroid New Releases" !
"google latitude, but self hosted"
good browser for mobile:
--> firefox + mobile + duckduckgo
Firefox Focus (Firefox Klar in Germany) --> more privacy, less features (e.g. no add-ons) thanks!
(sorry i had to leave to catch another talk, but c-reduce is nice to find compiler bugs:D have fun!)
* c-reduce https://embed.cs.utah.edu/creduce/
collaborative file management
"in early stage"
collaborative maps on mobile
* "inside osmand .... select your favourites ... you can export gpx"
* replace favorites.gpx
* "checkout the new version - it has some advanced .kml support !" !!!
image viewers and -editors
maybe "engine behind linguee" (?)
"there's no self-hosted autotranslate"
* google translate
1) enter URL as text to translate. select language.
2) press on the link on the "translated" side
how to enable this inside browser (like firefox)?
especially a non-google version ?!
apps for a better congress (36c3)
* we need content reccomendation + session org !
* some sort of "tag exploration"
good for incremental reading
for reading & annotating PDFs
"support for spaced repetition"
anki cards !
zathura: vim-based hotkeys, pdf reader
* calid (vs google keep)
* deck : kanban
* syncs + keepas ... dav ... etc
"how to replicate?":
"i'm working on a blogpost"
can do openCI with drone ... directly interacts
get books (and science articles)
+marcel.mars ? etc :)
section: tools to good to share
* XXX manages your torrents in a magical way
fediverse and more
* peertube : youtube for fediverse
* "writefreely" : blogs for fediverse
* reel2bits : soundcloud for fediverse
* mastodon: twitter ...
* twitch !!!
lowering threshold to programming
* setting up npm etc
* "get them up and running"
how to "select a film to wach together" ?
Barzi was sleeping
* phyphox (mobile sensors to teach physics)
* maxima (computer algerbra console program)
* viana (video analysis: track a flying ball, and you get the parabole curve ... pendulums and stuff)
* geogebra (interactive algebra)
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.